Division : Industry and Industrial Estate Development
Branch : Industry and Industrial Estate Development
Selection of suitable investors to invest in the Industrial Estates and allocation of lands to commence their commercial production (subject to cabinet approval)
- Submission of request by the investor.
- Obtaining the recommendations of the Regional Industrial Services Committee by the Regional Industrial Services Center.
- Submitting the recommendations of the Divisional Industrial Services Committee for the approval of the Ministry.
- Evaluation the project by the Ministry Evaluation Committee
- Obtaining Cabinet Approval for the New Project
- Notification of Cabinet Approval to Investors
- The investor should pay a deposit to the Ministry for the proper reservation of the land and submit that receipt with the following documents to the Ministry.
2.Survey plan of the land-It is sufficient to get it prepared by a private surveyo
- Letter of recommendation for issuing a lease deed on long term lease basis (35 years) after commencement of industry production
- Submission of investor request along with the application and project proposal.
- Obtain recommendation of Regional Industry Services Committee (RISC) by the Regional Industry Services Center of the respective province.
- Submission of RISC recommendations to the Ministry for further evaluation.
- Evaluation of the project by the Ministry Evaluation Committee.
- Submission of Cabinet Memorandum on the basis of Ministry Evaluation Committee report.
- Obtain approval from the Cabinet of Ministers for each project.
- Notification of Cabinet Approval to each investor and obtain required documents from him/her, in order to issue the land allocation letter.
- Investor has to deposit performance security as determined by the Ministry and he/she should submit following documents:
- Receipt/Bank draft of the performance security.
- Industry work plan
- Survey plan of the land issued by a licensed surveyor.
- Issue land allocation letter to the investor in order to provide possession of the land.
- Issue letter of recommendation to obtain Lease Agreement, after commencement of the commercial production (the lease is subject to 35 years term).
- Project Proposal - Downloadable. Link (project proposal)
- Certificate of Business Registration
- Description of income tax payments
- EPF Certificate of Registration
Completed Application -
In order to complete the application necessary instructions and the application can be downloaded through the (Application Pdf) link
Division : Industry and Industrial Estate Development Division
Branch : Industry and Industrial Estate Development Division
Name : B.A.K.W.L. Piyarathna
Service : SLAS I
Designation : Director -I
Telephone : 0112441490
Ext : 352
Fax : 0112423965