IMPORTING RESTRICTED ITEMS
Division : Industry and Industrial Estates Development Division
Sector Development Division I, II, III
Issuing letters of recommendation for the importation of raw materials which are temporarily prohibited to import.
The Ministry of Industries will issue a recommendation to the Controller of Imports and Exports to bring down the temporarily import suspended industrial raw materials anther industrial requisites that are locally unavailable and provide with 20% local value addition in the manufacturing process as stipulated by Gazette No 2296/30 dated 09.09.2022 and the items that are locally unavailable and provide with 35% local value addition in the manufacturing process as stipulated by the Gazette No 2231/18 dated 06.11.2021.
- Must be a registered institution under the Ministry.
- Relevant raw materials should not be locally available in sufficient and required amounts.
- There should be a 20 % local value addition if the import has been specified in the Gazette No 2296/30 dated 09.09.2022.
- There should be a 35% local value addition if the import has been specified in Gazette No 2231/18 dated 06.11.2021.
- Application form
- Certified local value addition document
- Proforma Invoices
- Registration certificate the under Ministry of Industries
- Images of importing raw material
- Request Letter
- Company Profile
- Production Process flow chart
- Prior importation documents (bill of lading or commercial invoices)
- Submit the required documents
- Import Restriction Review Committee (IRRC) will review the applications and furnish the approval.
- This Ministry will issue a recommendation letter if the committee approves
- Importers have to obtain approval from the Department of Imports and Exports by submitting the recommendation letter issued by this Ministry.
Name : U.L.A.Udasiri Perera
Designation : Director
Telephone : 011 2328973
Ext : 301
Fax : 011 2432750
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Division Ext : 370,382
Division Email : email@example.com
Designation: Assistant Director (Acting)
Division Ext : 385, 305
Division Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Name : Ms.Nalini Balasubramaniam
Designation : Director
Telephone : 0112328973
Ext : 310
Fax : 0112322250
Email : email@example.com
Name : Mrs.H.M.A.Sachini Malika
Designation : Assistant Director
Telephone : 011 2327364
Ext : 536
Fax : 011 2472183
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Division Ext : 421,371,428
Division Fax : 011 2472183
Division Email : email@example.com