Additional Secretary - Commerce
Mrs. Sheitha Senarathna,
Ministry of Industry and Commerce
Telephone : +94-11-2520948
Fax : +94-11-2434034
- Facilitate policy formulation in the arena of international trade and commerce.
- Monitor and review progress in the implementation of projects, programmes and policies implemented by Institutions coming under the managerial purview of the Commerce Division
- Exercise administrative and Management supervision and coordination over the institutions assigned under the Commerce Division.
- Coordination of formation of various policy options with key stakeholders and recommend review / alternative policy options.
- Supervision of managerial and administrative performance of Public Enterprises and recommend corrective action, where necessary.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and take action to update Legislative and Regulatory regime to respond to the emerging needs of Trade and Commerce.
- Monitoring of Progress in implementing new development proposals, plans and programmes undertaken in the spheres of Export Development, Trade development, Intellectual Property and Registration of Companies.
- Matters relating to statutory approval to be granted by the Hon. Minister in terms of provisions of relevant Act of Parliament.
Institutions Functioning under the Commerce Division
Mrs. Ishani J. Abeyrathne
(Director/Research & Development)
|No. 73/1, Galle Road, Colombo 03.||+94-11-3158114||+94-11-2472183||
Mr. R. S. K. Doolwalage
|No. 73/1, Galle Road, , Colombo 03.||+94-11-3134573||+94-11-2472183||