Industrial sectors, which come under the purview of the Division
To scale up handloom industry by improving designing, quality, market promotion and there by contributing to the national economy.
- Guiding and facilitating the handloom industry to be more productive, producing value added marketable products.
- Creating the right environment to attract young females for sustainability of the industry.
- Training weavers (Basic weaving, designing & color matching and value addition),
- Renovation of handloom centers,
- Providing accessories for handlooms,
- Establishing 03 dyeing centers providing high quality colored yarn,
- Developing the handloom museum and activities related to National Handloom Exhibition
To facilitate the textile industry to play a significant role in supplying raw materials to the apparel industry and to cater the local demand.
Assisting the domestic textile manufacturers by providing an assured market to supply public sector requirements.
To ensure that the apparel industry globally competitive and to increase market share under changing market environment.
Apparel Export Section
Apparel export section is also functioning as a sub division and its main role is to provide below mentioned services required to facilitate exports of garments and allied products.
- Examines the export documents forwarded by the exporters and grant approvals.
- Issue certificates and maintain the database on exports.
- Registration of new factories, liaison offices, buying offices.
- Progress of manufacturing units is monitored and maintenance of data .
- Facilitate duty free imports of machinery spares and accessories, raw materials for those who are registered in the ministry.
- Recommendation of visas for foreign managers and technicians who are employed in buying offices, liaison offices and garment factories.
- Issue of recommendations to customs in case of re-exporting of accessories and raw materials.
- Issue of recommendations to Ministry of Defense in connection with items manufactured using camouflage material.
|Mrs. K. Piyaratne (Director - Export Services)||No.73/1, Galle Road, Colombo 03.||+94-11-2345565||+94-11-2448463|
|Mr. T.M.S.B. Thennakoon (Administrative Officer)||No.73/1, Galle Road, Colombo 03.||+94-11-2553631||+94-11-2552962|